One Winter Night 2014
Thank you for everyone who came out to support C-U at Home One Winter Night on Friday, February 21, in downtown Champaign. It was a powerful time for our community to come together and learn more about the issues surrounding homelessness. Your financial support for One Winter Night is the foundation for an entire year of funding for our ministry. The accounting books for C-U at Home One Winter Night will remain open until March 7, 2014. Please browse the list of participants below and donate on behalf of your favorite box dweller. Thank you for taking time to get involved. Together, we CAN make a difference!
About the Event
Believe it or not, on any given night, over 500 people in Champaign County do not spend the night in their own home. Some sleep with friends. Others sleep in shelters. Some sleep in cars. And others sleep outside. The goal of C-U at Home One Winter Night is to raise awareness about those who are homeless, helping others realize that someday that could be me. C-U at home is dedicated to supporting the most vulnerable homeless, those who are more likely to die early unless their circumstances change.
One Winter Night was held in the heart of downtown Champaign, centered around the corner of Neil St. and Main St. We thank you for stopping by to show your support of helping the homeless on Friday, February 21, 2014. The goal for each box dweller participant is to raise at least $1,000. The accounting books for One Winter Night 2014 will remain open until March 7, 2014. Thank you for making your tax-deductible donation to support our efforts to develop a new daytime drop-in center for the homeless.
List of Participants
Each of these public service figures, community leaders, business leaders, business leaders, and academic leaders spent the night outside in a cardboard box on Friday, February 21. Each of these participants experienced just a small taste of what many of the homeless in our community face every single night. Would you consider supporting them with a tax deductible donation? Just click on the name to find out more.
- Patrick Connolly, Urbana Chief of Police
- William Kyles, Champaign City Council Member
- Karen Foster, Champaign City Council Member
- Alejandra Coronel, Language Service Supervisor, Presence Covenant Medical Center
- Don Gerard, Mayor of Champaign
- Kevin Jackson, Neighborhood Services, City of Champaign
- Jill Guth, Chair, Champaign Center Partnership; Director of Commercial Leasing, JSM
- Andrew Quarnstrom, City of Champaign Township
- Stephanie Stevens, Carle Hospital
- Jon Rector, Regional VP of Sales, Pavlov Media
- Rob Meister, Owner, Minneci's Ristorante & Catering
- Chris Tepedino, Freelance Writer
- Warren Charter, Principal, CharterSills Architectural Lighting
- Phil Gioja, Video Producer, Center Street Productions
- Dennis Bott, McLane Company
- Peter Folk and Brian Bell, Volo Broadband
- Caitlyn Mooney, Director of Sales, Hyatt Place
- Heidi and Roland Gnadt, First Christian Church
- Willie L. Williams, Jr., Pastor, New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church
- Charles Simpson, East 2 West
- Jim McClarey, Savoy United Methodist Church
- Tom Gilbert, Life Coach, C-U at Home
- Hanna Boorom, University of Illinois, Newman Center Service and Justice Outreach
Your tax-deductible financial gift will enable us to reach out and support the homeless in our area. Our goal with C-U at Home One Winter Night is to raise enough money to house and support many additional residents from our community in 2014.
To Give via Credit Card
You can use a credit card to make a donation via PayPal. Thank you.
Note: You must type the name of the public figure you are supporting in the text box under Designation (Optional) for the funds to be attributed correctly.
To Give via Check
Please make your check payable to C-U at Home, and put the name of the public figure you are supporting on the memo line. Then mail your check to:
C-U at Home
PO Box 8816
Champaign, IL 61826
THANK YOU for helping the homeless!